Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Single of the Month - June




To be honest, I've been tinkering with this song since early May, so really it should be the previous single of the month. However, after not touching it for a few weeks (yet always thinking about it) I decided I should at least put together a rough mix so I can hear it on a few different systems. So here it is:

Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold

Julia kindly came over for an evening last month and added her vocals which make the song so much better, and also help the story of the song come through. We both singing about the same person, but from different perspectives, and Julia really nailed the "beyond the grave" vibe I was hoping for.

I think there are still some pieces to add to the song, and it needs a better mix, but for now I'll just let it be.

No comments: